I think I have a cheat day coming up soon so I have decided to make these cup cakes! I love cakes and sweet things so getting away from them is very hard for me…or should I say STAYING AWAY from cakes are hard for me.
And if I deprive myself of these things that I LOVE I know that I am going to go insane and cheat more often than I should.
The Reward Challenge
I use this cheat day system as a reward for my HARD work for 6 straight days of being really healthy.
However, this is the key: Don’t OVER INDULGE – even on the cheat day!
Don’t eat an entire pizza or KFC or whatever you choose to have. I still have foods that I love but in moderation. And I don’t have them all on one cheat day…that way I still have some other kind of food to look forward in the next 6 days as my REWARD!
This is a low calorie, high fibre coconut cupcake recipe!
Ingredients (12 mini cupcakes):
- 100 g coconut flour (100%)
- 1/4 teasppon baking powder
- 7 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 200-250ml water, you can also use milk, almond milk, yoghurt
- 30 g honey
How to do it:
- Put all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix
- wait 10 minutes and mix it all again
- put the mixture in a tin for cupcakes
- put it in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 45 to 60minutes
Also not forgetting NUTRITIONAL FACTS (1 Cupcake):
- Energy: 33 cal
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2,3 g (sugar 2,3g)
- Fat: 1,3 g (saturated 1,3 g – wich are 70% mct’s, so good triglycerides)
- Fiber: 5 g
I hope you all try it and ENJOY them…if you have any recipes, please do share them.