Putting Humpty Together Again
For the past few weeks I have been watching someone in my office do something I think is strange but now I am jumping on that wagon because it’s going to A) save me a hell of a lot of time and B) give me more time to sleep.
I usually prepare my breakfast for the next day, the evening before. Does this make sense? Well, I spend all this time making my favourite breakfast (omelettes). Preparing the ingredients, cutting, chopping and whisking.
For a few weeks I have been watching this guy bring all these ingredients (good vegetables) to work and making an omelette in the microwave. I thought it was crazy but now I see that it can save me so much time and get me to bed earlier instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Here’s how it works:
- Egg whites or with yolk (which ever you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese, ham, peppers, onion
- Then add whatever other vegetables you like – spinach, mushrooms, even asparagus.
- Take the eggs and place it in a bowl!
- Mix in the other ingredients.
- Place in microwave.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes (depending on the strength of your microwave).
- Let cool 30 seconds – 1 minute.
So, just pack your ingredients the night before, leave it on the kitchen counter and grab them on your way to work. It takes only 2 minutes to prepare and even less to gather the ingredients!
The Office Secret
I was visiting a good friend of mine, who is a rugby player and has an awesome physique, and we were talking about doing home exercises. I am very keen on the idea and am willing to do anything to get into shape. But I mentioned to him that I don’t have any equipment. He says to me that you DON’T NEED it! Well…at least at first! Until you can get a set of dumbbells, do some resistance training which uses your own body strength!
All good and well but when do I find the time to do all this? “At the office” he says…WHAT?
- Set a goal for how many push ups you would like to do in one day.
- Divide them equally between the amounts of hours you spend at work.
- Find a place in your office that is quiet and where you can do your push ups.
- Do the allotted amount every hour.
I was stunned at the simplicity and the practicability of the idea! I have found my space in the office already.
Do you guys have any other tips for healthy living on the go?