I was wondering about what to eat the other day and I was looking to find something interesting. I guess my most interesting ideas come from nowhere, when it’s just me and the kitchen! Like when I fried almonds in the pan with onions and peppers…
So, I came up with this little treat for myself! I must admit that some elements are borrowed too…borrowed or lent? I never know…
Here is it:
- 30ml oil (I suggest olive oil/extra virgin olive oil)
- 500g rump steak (you really substitute here…if vegetarian, tofu is great)
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 spring onions, very thinly sliced
- 250ml bean sprouts
- 500ml shredded red cabbage (regular will do as well)
- 1 red apple very thinly sliced
- 30ml sesame seeds
- Mint leaves (fresh)
Heat the oil over high heat and seer the rump steak on both sides. Then, cut the steak into strips.
Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce and lime juice and set it aside.
Mix together the spring onions, bean sprouts, cabbage and apple.
Place the beef strips on top of the mixed vegetables and apple. Drizzle with the sesame oil mixture, sprinkle with sesame seeds and put some mint leaves on the very top!
You can serve this with any or no bread…it is good with rye though!